Monday, November 5, 2007

Coldwater Ridge Observatory RIP

We wanted to make a "quick" trip up to Mount St. Helens on Saturday to pay our respects to the Coldwater Ridge Observatory, which they permanently closed on Monday due to insufficient federal funding (the Johnston Creek visitors center will remain open during the summers). It was an absolutely spectacular day -- somewhat unexpected this time of year in the Northwest. The normally travel-friendly Katie was somewhat fussy all day, but still enjoyed some fresh air, as did Deanna and I.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. The mountain is breathtaking from wherever you can see see it, but being just a couple miles away from it is incredible. I would really recommend viewing the full-sized slide show by clicking here. Enjoy..



Click here to see the full size slideshow - Click here to see the entire web album

No comments: